Friday 14 October 2011

Thai Chick Pea Burgers

After the trouble of yesterday, the gremlins seem to have left and these are looking and tasting really good.

I love Thai flavours, I love hummus and chick pea based things and I love Satay, so this is a marriage made in heaven for me.

My daughter and her fiancĂ© are coming over for dinner and I found this recipe that we wrote together when she was about 10, I think it was for cookery at school, it seemed to be ripe for resurrection and a revamp.  I love the way embellished it with hearts, flowers and boobies!  She might die of embarrassment if she sees it!



I didn't use the egg, we are short of eggs, the chooks are slowing down a lot now, I am going through a phase of leaving things out, rather than adding things in and whilst eggs do bind things together, this is a soft burger and without it it is vegan, which might make this a handy recipe if it passes testing.

Instead of curry paste, I use my favourite red thai curry paste.

Other changes were to grate the courgette as well as the carrot, why make a knife dirty when you already have a grater in your hand?  The chickpeas when pulped seamed like they might be a uniform so I opened another tin of chick peas and put a handful of whole one in, some of which got a bit mashed as I kneaded the mixture together with my hands.

There was a small amount of mix left over so I made a small patty which we tested and was delicious, so I am hopeful for this evening...




So what should I do to go with these?


No comments:

Post a Comment